Wednesday, February 10, 2021

El Walrus Stickers Coming Soon

 

In celebration of my 50th B-Day this coming April, I will be re-releasing the all original art "El Walrus" by Richard Sanchez. For those of you who do not know the story behind this graphic and nickname, a little history lesson...

Back in 2000 my best friend and hermano Mike Mckinnis said that every time I skated due to my "large size" at the time and my goat T; I looked like a Walrus. Thus he started calling me as such, it stuck and the rest is history...

Over the years people would come up to me and call me "The Walrus" and I accepted the nickname with a smile and good will. Years later in 2009, my beloved friend Chris Thatcher drew up a "walrus graphic" for me, I sat on it for a long time. After his death I was just not into it. After a few years when Richard Sanchez saw it, he asked if he could do his own rendition of it and of course in Richard fashion, he created a master piece. So there you have it, "El Walrus"....

look for stickers, T shirts and maybe board graphics very soon....

Well, I guess I can finally start to get my AARP card now :)

Skate and Skate some more,

Rene "El Walrus" Morales.